Friday, December 23, 2011
- The Yes Men Change the World
- War by Other Means - a prescient video about the IMF from 1993
- Zeitgeist: Moving Forward
- The Corporation
- Golden Rule: The Investment Theory of Politics
- Capitalism IS the Crisis: Radical Politics in the Age of Austerity
- Inside Job
- Capitalism: A Love Story
- Lifting the Veil: Obama and the Failure of Capitalist Democracy
- Rise Like Lions: O.W.S. and the Seeds of Revolution
- The Secret of Oz
Friday, December 16, 2011
I think that denigrates the very foundations of this country. It denigrates the Bill of Rights. It denigrates what our Founders intended when they created a civilian, non-military justice system for trying and punishing people for crimes committed on U.S. soil. Our Founders were fearful of the military--and they purposely created a system of checks and balances to ensure we did not become a country under military rule. This bill undermines that core principle, which is why I could not support it.
Yesterday was the anniversary of the ratification of the Bill of Rights, and this wasn't the way to mark its birthday.
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Wednesday, December 07, 2011
The 2011 U.S. Defense Authorization Bill is Treason. Prepare for November 5th, 2012.