Sunday, November 11, 2007
1. Treason - Vice President Cheney gave up the top secret identity of CIA Agents working on non-proliferation of nuclear weapons, putting U.S. National Security at risk.
2. Treason - Vice President Cheney propagated lies to the public about the non-existent Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq, in order to incite an illegal invasion.
3. Treason - Vice President Cheney used his special position to enrich himself and his company by directing no-bid contracts into the hands of his war profiteering enterprises.
4. Treason - Vice President Cheney used the tragic events of 9/11 to incite a War against an innocent sovereign country, killing hundreds of thousands of Iraq citizens and turning the region into chaos, which decreased our national security and cost thousands of U.S. Military lives.
5. Treason - Vice President Cheney has violated his security clearance, and continues to use his top secret clearance to illegally decimate classified information through propaganda and illicit political leaks.
6. Treason - Vice President Cheney has violated his oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution by encouraging the President to issue illegal presidential signing statements to circumvent the lawful checks and balances imposed by the U.S. Constitution, and his efforts to expand Presidential powers have led to illegal spying on the electronic communication of U.S. Citizens without warrant. .
7. Treason - Vice President Cheney has violated his oath of office by failing to represent the People of the U.S., instead choosing to represent the private interests of Dubai based company, Haliburton.
8. Treason - Vice President Cheney has committed high crimes and misdemeanors by encouraging torture and illegal abuse of human rights by U.S. agents and military in secret offshore prisons, and in using private mercenary forces to fight illegal wars and commit terrorism in the name of the USA.
9. Treason - Vice President Cheney knowingly allowed the suspension of Habeas Corpus and the role of Posse Comitatus, by knowingly allowing U.S. Military Agents to capture U.S. Citizens to be imprisoned and sent to Guantanamo Bay Cuba without any access to the courts or charging them with any crime.
10. Treason - Vice President Cheney is a traitor to the U.S., in promoting the policy of no-bid contract and encouraging the emptying of our war chest, spending the U.S. Treasury and putting the U.S. into ever increasing debt, his actions put our national security in grave danger, limiting our future potential and placing great financial power in the hands of our enemies.
Put Impeachment ON The Table of the House Judiciary Committee
This week Dennis Kucinich led an heroic effort to put the impeachment of Dick Cheney ON the table by requesting a floor vote on H.Res. 333. As expected, BushDemocrat Steny Hoyer moved to table the bill. And then all hell broke loose as 165 Republicans voted with Kucinich and 85 brave Democrats to force a debate on impeachment over the objections of Nancy Pelosi. To block that debate, Hoyer moved to send H.Res. 333 back to the Judiciary Committee, and this motion passed. Watch David Swanson explain the events to Paul Jay of The Real News .
Kucinich is urging Judiciary Chairman John Conyers to start hearings immediately because Cheney is desperately manipulating the National Intelligence Estimate on Iran to justify a U.S. attack, just as he did with the pre-war NIE on Iraq. But Judiciary Democrats are deeply divided on impeachment, with Robert Wexler (FL-19) calling for immediate impeachment hearings, while fellow Palm Beacher Debbie Wasserman Schultz (FL-20), who is close to Speaker Pelosi, told Ed Schultz she adamantly opposes hearings.
So what do we do next to move impeachment forward?
1. Email all of the Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee:
and call them:
2. If you live in the district of a House Judiciary Committee member, call their office and tell them you're a constituent and you want immediate hearings on H.Res. 333. Then join your Congressional District Impeachment Committee http://democrats.com/cdic-find
and organize a HonkToImpeach rally http://www.democrats.com/honktoimpeach
in front of your Representative's district office. Then keep up the pressure on your Representative every way you can, including letters to the editor, op-eds, calls to local talk shows, protests at local media offices, and pointed questions at every community forum attended by your Representative.
3. If your Congress Member is not on Judiciary, ask them to cosponsor H Res 333:
4. Ask pollsters to poll the public on impeachment, especially of Cheney: http://www.democrats.com/impeachment-poll-petition
and promote impeachment through media activism:
5. Watch for updates and notice of a national conference call with Rep. Dennis Kucinich at http://impeachcheney.org